📖 The story so far...
Founded in 2012 with the ambition of making collaboration better for the world’s educators and presenters.
Originating in Belfast, DisplayNote now has a globally distributed team and offices in both Northern Ireland and Spain. Now, we have exciting plans to grow our global footprint!
Having initially started out in the EdTech sector, we have expanded our solutions into the meeting room space, creating innovative software to simplify the meeting experience. Our collaboration solutions are now used in more than 200,000 meeting rooms and classrooms across the globe.
🚀 Our mission...
To create connected experiences for the world’s presenters, educators and learners.
🥇 The opportunity...
As we continue our exciting scale-up journey, we are focused on building a world class team of innovators and problem solvers and the People Ops team are at the heart of making it happen!
We’re looking for an experienced People Ops/ HR Business Partner to join our Engineering Centre in Murcia, Spain. This is a highly visible role where you’ll play a pivotal role in helping support our growing teams with everything People, Talent and Culture related, while delivering exceptional experiences to candidates and employees in line with our mission and values.
Please note, this is a hybrid working position and due to the nature of this role, you will be required to work at the Murcia office for a minimum of 3 days per week.
🛠 What you'll be doing...
- As part of the PeopleOps team, you will partner closely with the Murcia Site Lead & Head of Engineering on all People, Culture and Recruitment initiatives.
- Acting as a primary point of contact for all local third-party vendors (e.g., office suppliers, external payroll and accounting providers).
- Providing advice and support to leadership and employees to address employee questions or concerns in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensuring the smooth running of day-to-day office operations.
- Assisting with all internal and external HR-related matters ensuring compliance with local labour regulations.
- Establishing and building effective relationships with our people through coaching, mentoring, and partnering on all culture and people related topics.
- Taking responsibility for implementing and maintaining practices related to work environment safety, ensuring the office is compliant with applicable regulations.
- Helping to onboard new hires and supporting the relevant operational aspects related to their start in DisplayNote, Spain.
- Organising weekly gatherings, occasional team building activities and company events in collaboration with the global office.
- Benchmarking the benefits and perks package to ensure it remains meaningful, continuously seeking improvements, both from an employee value and company cost perspective, as well as anticipating needs as we scale.
- Operationally supporting employee development plans and performance management process within the HRIS and in collaboration with the PeopleOps team.
- Delivering full-cycle talent acquisition for the Engineering team, building strong talent pipelines using various sourcing techniques.
- Assisting the development of our Employer Value Proposition in region including building relationships with Universities, IT schools, MeetUp groups and the wider local tech community.
- Supporting the Head of People on projects related to engagement, objective planning, performance evaluations, work relationships, productivity, and retention.
- Documenting any new policies and amending any existing ones requiring updates in an easy-to-digest way for multiple stakeholders. Communicate, inform, and provide expertise to any employee and/or manager.
- Maintaining and updating all Spanish employee administration and records such as Contracts, Payroll, Benefits, Labour Relations, within the ATS and HRIS while ensuring compliance with GDPR.
💗 Reasons to join us!
Our people: we're a small but mighty, globally distributed team made up of people of all backgrounds - this helps us be effective as we collaborate, listen, share, support, challenge, build innovate and have fun together!
Work on cutting-edge technology projects: When it comes to technology, we love innovating and facing technical challenges and finding solutions.
Trust, autonomy and accountability: we all understand the mission and take ownership of our roles to deliver and delight our partners, customers and each other.
Balance and flexibility: we understand, value and encourage the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
Career Development: with a training budget available to all, we invest in your personal growth, skills and goals.
Stability & Growth: We've been around for 10 years now and with the development of innovative solutions and strong partnerships, we have an excellent foundation to build upon as we enter an exciting scale up phase.
🏆 To be successful in this role, you'll need...
- 3+ years’ relevant experience within a HR generalist, Talent Acquisition or Labour Relations role.
- The ability to be thebe the go-to person for all employee enquiries related to recruitment, people processes, well-being, or administrative questions.
- Excellent level of English and Spanish, both written and spoken.
- Experience with full-cycle IT recruitment using any ATS.
- Proficient in Office 365 (Power Point, MS Word, MS Excel etc.) and HRIS applications.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Deep understanding of the Spanish employment laws
- To establish and build strong partnerships across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of DE&I issues facing the tech industry and experience of introducing inclusive initiatives.
- A proactive, analytical, and strategic mentality.
- A dedication to process improvement.
- The ability to deliver top class experiences through the recruiting and employee life cycles (candidacy to offboarding).
Find out more: www.displaynote.com
Please note: All applications, including CV & cover letter, must be submitted in English. Applications in any other language will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and believe in employing a diverse workforce and recognise that an inclusive workplace is key to our success. Our recruiting decisions are based on your experience and skills. We value what each of our unique employees has to offer our business.