📖 The story so far...
Founded in 2012 with the ambition of making collaboration better for the world’s educators and presenters.
Originating in Belfast, DisplayNote now has a globally distributed team and offices in both Northern Ireland and Spain. Now, we have exciting plans to grow our global footprint!
Having initially started out in the EdTech sector, we have expanded our solutions into the meeting room space, creating innovative software to simplify the meeting experience. Our collaboration solutions are now used in more than 200,000 meeting rooms and classrooms across the globe.
🚀 Our mission...
To create connected experiences for the world’s presenters, educators and learners.
🥇 The opportunity...
We are looking for experienced C++/Qt Software Engineers to join our Engineering Team and work in our flagship product – Montage.
Montage is the smart collaboration tool that lets you share your content on the main display. Whether it is a presentation, document, or webpage, Montage makes it easy for teachers and students to wirelessly share their screen from any device.
Check out some videos of Montage in action in our youtube channel.
🛠 What you'll be doing...
- You will join our Engineering Team and work in one of our DisplayNote’s core products.
- You will be part of a SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) development process to deliver high quality software.
- Design major software components and features.
- Work with other Team members to investigate design approaches, prototype innovative technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
💗 Reasons to join us!
- Our people; we're a small but mighty, globally distributed team made up of people of all backgrounds - this helps us be effective as we collaborate, listen, share, support, challenge, build innovate and have fun together!
- Work on cutting-edge technology projects: When it comes to technology, we love innovating and facing technical challenges and finding solutions.
- Trust, autonomy and accountability: we all understand the mission and take ownership of our roles to deliver and delight our partners, customers and each other.
- Balance and flexibility: we understand, value and encourage the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
- Career Development: with a training budget available to all, we invest in your personal growth, skills and goals.
- Stability & Growth: We've been around for 10 years now and with the development of innovative solutions and strong partnerships, we have an excellent foundation to build upon as we enter an exciting scale up phase.
🏆 To be successful in this role, you'll need...
- Recent relevant experience in Qt and QML.
- Solid commercial experience in C++.
- Multiplatform and cross-building experience, especially in Android, but not only (macOS, Windows, iOS).
- To be an analytical thinker, with a methodical approach to solving complex problems combined with great organisational skills
- A hunger to learn and continue to grow your stack and knowledge.
- Previous experience with:
- Unix shell scripting
- Git version control
- XML and JSON
- Unit testing
🌟 It's a plus if you have...
- Video streaming experience.
- Previous experience in Python.
- Working knowledge and understanding of:
- Azure functions, Docker containers
- WebRTC, XMPP, REST services
- Java for Android, Objective-C
- Google Test Framework, Google Mocks
- CMake, NMake
- OpenGL, FFMpeg
- Debugging (GDB)
- Multiple compilers (GCC, CLANG, MINGW, CYGWIN)
Find out more: www.displaynote.com
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and believe in employing a diverse workforce and recognise that an inclusive workplace is key to our success. Our recruiting decisions are based on your experience and skills. We value what each of our unique employees has to offer our business.