📖 The story so far...
Founded in 2012 with the ambition of making collaboration better for the world’s educators and presenters.
Originating in Belfast, DisplayNote now has a globally distributed team and offices in both Northern Ireland and Spain. Now, we have exciting plans to grow our global footprint!
Having initially started out in the EdTech sector, we have expanded our solutions into the meeting room space, creating innovative software to simplify the meeting experience. Our collaboration solutions are now used in more than 200,000 meeting rooms and classrooms across the globe.
🚀 Our mission...
To create connected experiences for the world’s presenters, educators and learners.
🥇 The opportunity...
As Lead SDET you will be heading up the decision making on testing, maintenance, quality assurance and overall health of our products. You'll be an integral part of the development process as we look to your team to ensure the high performance, testability and robustness of our software development and testing strategy.
🛠 What you'll be doing...
- Leading, growing and mentoring our team of Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET's).
- Driving quality from the start – being involved in the user story definition process and writing test scenarios upfront.
- Bringing a QA perspective to planning sessions and ensure test effort is taken into consideration.
- Working closely with developers to ensure that quality is considered, and relevant testing frameworks are created.
- Creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases across our full suite of products.
- Identifying, designing, and delivering technical solutions (frameworks, tests, API hooks, tools) increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing the cost of test execution.
- Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Sharing your knowledge of the latest test automation technologies, industry trends and best practices.
- Communicating your ideas effectively as you interact with stakeholders throughout the business.
- Assisting the Support Team where necessary.
💗 Reasons to join us!
- Our people: we're a small but mighty, globally distributed team made up of people of all backgrounds - this helps us be effective as we collaborate, listen, share, support, challenge, build innovate and have fun together!
- Work on cutting-edge technology projects: When it comes to technology, we love innovating and facing technical challenges and finding solutions.
- Trust, autonomy and accountability: we all understand the mission and take ownership of our roles to deliver and delight our partners, customers and each other.
- Balance and flexibility: we understand, value and encourage the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
- Career Development: with a training budget available to all, we invest in your personal growth, skills and goals.
- Stability & Growth: We've been around for 10 years now and with the development of innovative solutions and strong partnerships, we have an excellent foundation to build upon as we enter an exciting scale up phase.
🏆 To be successful in this role, you'll need...
- Experience building highly collaborative teams, encouraging a culture of ownership, accountability, learning and mentorship.
- Experience working as a Senior SDET / QA / Software Engineer across multiple projects.
- A passion for solving complex problems.
- A solid command of both written and spoken English.
- A strong focus on automation using Selenium, Appium, WinAppDriver or similar.
- To have a good working understanding CI/CD culture, principles and practices.
- Desktop/Mobile applications testing experience.
- Knowledge of multiple platforms: Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, web.
- A successful academic background in Computer Science or other STEM related course.
🌟 It's a plus if you have...
- Azure DevOps.
- Video quality testing experience.
- Quality Assurance Certification (CSTE, CSQA, CMSQ, CAST)
Find out more at: www.displaynote.com/careers
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and believe in employing a diverse workforce and recognise that an inclusive workplace is key to our success. Our recruiting decisions are based on your experience and skills. We value what each of our unique employees has to offer our business.